We offer assistance with Apple products, as well as website assistance on both Windows & Mac. For us to assist you, we will require temporary access to your computer, so that we can assist you remotely. We use remote software developed by Google, some pre-requisites are that you have a Google account to access the remote desktop support pages, and that you are using Google Chrome. If you do not have Google Chrome, Please download it here first, and install it on your device.
By proceeding with remote support, you accept our & Google's terms & conditions.
The first thing to do is click on the 'Get help' button on the right hand side of this page. This will take you to one of the following places:
- The Google account login page
- A Google account is required to receive remote assistance. This can be a gmail.com account, or a Google Apps for Work account. (If you don't have either, please get in touch, so we can assist you in setting up a Google Apps for Work Account)
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to the remote support page, and you may continue to step 02.
- If you are already logged in with a Google Account, you will be immediately redirected to the remote support page, and may continue to step 2.
If you have received remote assistance from us before, you may continue to Step 06 of this process.
Before we can remotely assist, there are a few things that need to be done on the Google Remote Desktop website. The very first thing to do once you have logged in with your Google account, is to download the Google Remote Desktop Chrome Extension, and the system (MacOS or Windows) app, that will allow us to remotely access your device.
To do that, simply click on the download button located in the bottom right hand corner of the Get support box.
Once you have clicked on the download button as explained in step to, you will be redirected to the Google Chrome Webstore, where you will be able to install the Google Chrome Remote Desktop extension.
TO do so, simply click on the 'Add to Chrome' to initiate the process.
Google Chrome will now present you with a pop-up to add the extension to your installation of Google Chrome. Simply click on the 'Add extension' button to proceed.
Google Chrome will now direct you back to the Google Chrome Remote Desktop website; as well as download the extension & install it in your browser.
You will be able to see the Google Chrome Remote Desktop app in the top right hand corner of your browser once it is completed.
Once the Chrome extension has been successfully installed, you will see a new button in the bottom right hand corner of the support block on the Google Chrome Remote Desktop website titled 'Accept & install'. By clicking this button, you accept the Google Terms & privacy policies, and Chrome will download the software required.
Once the download is complete, Google Chrome might present you with another pop-up asking permission to run the installer. Please accept this, and follow the on-screen installation instructions.
Once complete, please return to the Google Chrome remote Desktop website to continue to the final steps.
Congratulations, you have now completed the installation of the Google Chrome Remote Desktop Software! Now it is simple to get a one-time-use pin, that will allow our agents to access your device remotely.
Simply click on the 'Generate code' button, and give your browser a couple of seconds to generate a unique pin.
You will now be presented with a 12 digit numerical pin. This pin automatically changes every 5 minutes, to ensure your continued security.
There is a copy button on the left side of the pin code that will allow you to copy the code.
The final step in the process is to send the code to one of the Altitude Media Agents. Here are some of the ways you can do that.
- Email: Email the code to email@example.com, and give us a call so we can discuss how we will be assisting.
- Live chat: Initiate a live chat with us by clicking on the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of your browser; complete your details, and send us your pin.
- Send us a hangout chat on firstname.lastname@example.org with the pin code
- Or just give us a call on +27 (10) 900-3643, and give us the pin code.
We will now be able to remotely assist you with your query. If this instructional did not provide you with enough information to get the Google Chrome Remote Desktop software functional, please get in touch with us for a more in-depth step-by-step process.