Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd’s remote access support terms & conditions
Please carefully read the liability disclaimer below. By submitting your Google Remote Desktop pin to an Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd. representative, you are:
- representing that you are over the age of 18 and have the capacity and authority to bind yourself and/or your employer, as applicable, to the terms of the disclaimer below; and
- consenting on behalf of yourself and/or as an authorized representative of your employer, as applicable, to be bound by this disclaimer. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions of the disclaimer, or do not represent the foregoing, you will not and may not receive remote access services.
Remote access services are provided at your sole risk. The assistance from Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd’s Agents are provided on the following terms and conditions:
You have requested the assistance from an Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd. Agent through a remote connection to your computer. The ability for Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd to remotely access your computer significantly enhances the quick resolution of your technical problem.
You understand that by requesting such assistance, Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd and its Agents may download and use software, gather system data, take remote control of your computer and access or modify your computer settings.
By accepting these terms, you hereby grant Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd the right to connect to your computer, download and use software on your computer to gather system data, repair your computer, take remote control of your computer and change the settings on your computer while performing the services.
Be sure to close any confidential or personal files that you may be working on, before allowing remote access to your computer. Other than as set in these Terms, you agree that Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd has no responsibility or liability under any circumstance at any time for any loss or harm that may arise from or may be related to the services.
Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd will not save any data or files belonging to the client after the remote session has ended. Any files transferred to the provider for the purposes of analysis or fault diagnosis will be erased after the remote session has ended. Each remote access PIN provided by the provider to the client will only remain active for one session. In the course of providing this service, Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd may:
- Collect statistical usage information about sessions; and
- Collect the following information encrypted in a data log file sent back to Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd:
- Session ID: Number used to identify each session
- Session Log: A log or recording of all actions from the technician will be captured
- Date / Time: Date and time that a session started and ended
- Computer Type: Computer make and model
- Edition: Version of Operating System installed (MacOS version / Microsoft Windows Version)
- System Devices: System profile information (Example: Google Chrome settings, Hard Drive Free Space, Running Processes)
Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd does not provide data backup or restoration services. you are solely responsible for maintaining and backing up all information, data, text or other materials (collectively “customer data”) and software stored on your computer and storage media before ordering the services. You acknowledge and agree that Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd and its Agents have no responsibility or liability under any circumstance at any time for any loss or corruption of customer data, software or hardware that may arise out of the services. The provider does not provide backup copies or support installation of unlicensed software to customers. Please ensure that you have a licensed copy of all necessary software.
Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd does not take any responsibility for any data that could be on any hard drives, memory drives, peripherals or any other device. Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd will attempt to back up or recover existing data, but cannot be held responsible for any loss of data, whether it be by accident or intended.
Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd liability shall be limited to the total value of the remote access support services.
Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd makes no warranties of any kind with regard to the support services provided hereunder. Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the technical support services including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Altitude Media (Pty) Ltd be liable for:
- any special, indirect or consequential damages; or
- any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the provision of technical support services.